Check all beers
- Mother of all Beers
- Octane rating: 6.5% vol.
"September 13th 1978, 9:45 a.m.
Mercury and Venus welcome the newborn
7 days blindfolded before the warm yellow light
A rainbow ties Mother and son
Dreams of orange blossoms, amethyst, and quartzes
The green fabric bunny guides the journey
Le Chat Botté, guardian and companion
Morpheus has come to close the cycle
I am what I am!"
The Background Story
"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” – C.G. Jung
This is the last and paramount brew of this entire 10-year beer crafting venture with Macken Bryggeri.
This Mother of all Macken beers pays homage to myself - to my psyche, to my deepest memories, and to my best knowledge.
The main features of this label are associated images of utmost importance in my life. These are the footprints of my babyhood, childhood, and early teenage years - my oldest and brightest memories.
This label is my Argo that guides me to retrieve the Golden Fleece, the core of my true self, who has been attempting these past ten years to convey the over-arching message of celebrating enlightenment and self-identity through sharing my visions, dreams, ideals, sacrifices, and my own concept of individual freedom. Pushing boundaries, moving forward, and striving to break out of the chrysalis casted by my fears and cultural and personal preconceptions has always been my way, aiming to finally fly free and far with those strong wings someday.
Staying true to my heart and refusing to conform are my life’s compass. So this is me, leaving behind this simple legacy. I express my deepest thanks and appreciation to all who have helped and followed me along this winding path. It is so much because of you that Macken could be transformed from a mere possibility into its own vibrant reality.
敢 動 解 流
DARE, ACT, SOLVE, AND FLOW!
The fine prints
This is a grand tribute to my psyche and my most profound recollections, a mandala of my life.
The name of the label is after the time when I was born [9:45 a.m. on September 13th, 1978].
The main features of this label are the most influential images and deepest memories from my babyhood, childhood, and early teenage years:
1. My favourite baby blanket during my babyhood
2. The cover artwork from the Demo/EP “Wanderland”  and the album “Prodigal Sun” , both by Afflicted [1990-1995]
3. The illustration “Paraiso Oblicuo” (Oblique Paradise) from the book “El Caracol” (The Snail)  written by me, featuring the characters from the book’s main tale “Postrimerias Uranicas de los Sueños de un Caracol” (Uranic Aftermath of the Dreams of a Snail) - The Sun, The Smiling Moon, The Butterfly “Urania” (Mercury), The Snail “Morpheus” (Saturn), The King Mushroom (Jupiter), The Daisy flower (Venus), and The Mary Juana’s feather (The hummingbird)
4. My favourite toy (i.e. green cloth bunny) during my babyhood
5. The logo of the band Xysma
6. ”Le Chat Botté” (The Booted Cat)  by Charles Perrault [1628-1703] - my favourite tale during my early childhood
7. The illustration of Powell Peralta Rat Bones [80’s-90’s] – my favourite image during my skateboarding years [early teenage years]
8. The tarot cards LE •MAT (The Mad/The Fool), VIIII L’HERMITE (The Hermit), XI LA•FORCE (The Force), VI LAMOVREVX (The Lover), IIII L’EMPEREUR (The Emperor), VII LE CHARIOT• (The Chariot), and LE•MONDE (The World) from the Tarot de Marseille [ca. 15th century] rebuilt by Philippe Camoin and Alejandro Jodorowsky
9. The platonic solids from the “Mysterium Cosmographicum”  by Johannes Kepler [1571-1630] in line with the numbering of the tarot cards above
10. Goethe’s colour wheel  by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe [1749-1832] in agreement with his colour theory
11. The 33 spinal cord nerve segments in a human spinal cord
12. The cerebrum, cerebellum, and spinal cord as representation of the “holy affirming,” i.e. Thought (Electricity), the “holy denying,” i.e. Synapsis (Magnetism), and the “holy reconciling,”i.e. Action/Response (Electromagnetism) according to the book “Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson” [1866-1949] by George Ivanovich Gurdjieff [1866-1949]
13. The four basic chemical reactions as a reminder of the conservation of mass, the latter of which was discovered by Antoine-Laurent de Lavoisier [1743-1794] in 1789. (Mass can neither be created nor destroyed in a closed system, and the mass of the reactants must equal the mass of the products.)
14. The Egyptian Gods - Horus (Sunrise), Ra (Noon), Set (Sunset), and Osiris (Midnight)
15. The universal "Om" symbol
16. The chemical formula of potassium sulphate (K2SO4) as the essential organic compound for the metabolism of the Virgo
17. The Mercury and Venus symbols and the words “Earth” and “Mutable”
18. My astrological birth chart
19. The palms of my hands influenced by the handprint in the artwork of the album “Left Hand Path”  by Entombed
20. The runes OS, KA, HAGAL, and IS according to “Das Geheimnis der Runen” (lit. The Secret of the Runes)  by Guido von List [1848-1919] depicted among the names of the tarot cards above
21. The iris of my left eye representing my psyche chasing the dragon, staring at my lifetime through my Conception, embryo and foetus development, Birth, babyhood, childhood, teenage years, adulthood, elderhood, and my Death
This is the Mother of all Macken beers derived from 23 malts, 4 adjuncts, 19 hops, and 6 yeasts all from our former beer recipes, matured in Bourbon and American medium roasted oak barrels. It’s the close of a journey and is a celebration of our enlightenment and our own unique identities. Stay true to your heart and refuse to conform. We are our choices. We all are the endless river.
Malts: Munich Type II, Munich Type I, Vienna, Pilsner, Pale wheat malt, Carapils, Oat malt, Aromatic, Beech smoked malt, Carabelge, Whisky malt, Carahell, Special roast, Rye malt, Caramunich Type II, Carared, Melanoidin, Caramunich Type III, Biscuit, Special B, Carafa Special Type I, Roasted barley, and Chocolate.
Additional adjuncts: Flaked torrified maize, Koshihikari rice, Brown sugar, and Kellogg’s® Fruit Loops
Bittering hops: Northern Brewer, Styrian Goldings Bobek, Challenger, Amarillo, Magnum, Styrian Wolf, Columbus, and Chinook
Aroma hops: Styrian Goldings Bobek, Styrian Goldings Celeia, Fuggles, Challenger, Saaz, Cascade, Hallertau Hersbrücker, Tettnanger, and Centennial
Dry-hops: Cascade, Styrian Goldings Bobek, Amarillo, Motueka, Mandarina Bavaria, Saaz, Styrian Goldings Celeia, Chinook, Centennial, Lemondrop, Styrian Wolf, Tettnanger, and Simcoe
Yeast: Ale Yeast
Back to Gasölines